February 26, 2006

The Knitting Olympics are wrapping up today. This was a 16-day challenge to knitters around the world to start and complete a challenging knitting project to coincide with the winter Olympics in Italy. It was started by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee of yarn harlot.com. Over 3300 knitters signed up with lots of them joining teams such as Team Wales and Team DPN. There is even a Frappr map with over 1800 knitters on it. Some of the participants have their Fos and WIPs there. I’ll have a link in the show notes. And to all of you who participated, way to go!!!

And speaking of Frappr maps, you may have noticed that I have a button to the Knitting News Cast Frappr map. I’ll be talking about how you can win the knitting book I’m reviewing today, Mason-Dixon Knitting by tagging the map.

The next issue of Spun Magazine will be out in March. http://www.spunmag.com/

The latest issue of the online knitting magazine, MagKnits, is posted. The February issue has a set of knitted sushi designed by Amy Polcyn on the front. Looks yummy enough to eat! Other patterns include a fancy looking child’s cardigan, a swirling looking hat, a lovely skirt knitted in Noro Silk Garden, and a pair of techy socks for a guy with computer related motifs on them. I’m a computer geek too! I’ll have to make me a pair of those socks! http://www.magknits.com/