February 12, 2006

The Stitch and Bitch controversy is getting some media attention. I was just reading on the site of the UK Telegraph, a UK newspaper that publishes The Daily Telegraph, The Sunday Telegraph and The Weekly Telegraph, a story on the trademark dispute over the term “Stitch and Bitch” with Sew Fast Sew Easy. Elissa Meyrich owner of the company says she coined the term in 1997 and has had a number of online groups shut down because they are using the name. She says the controversy is costing her money. UK Telegraph Article


Don’t tell anyone but I don’t usually by Vogue because I honestly don’t get most of the designs they have. I guess I’m just not hip or trendy enough, but I like classical designs and their stuff is just way to trendy for me. But I decided to pick the magazine this week on a whim and I’m glad I did because the Vogue Knitting Winter 2005/2006 issue has an article on knitting podcasting which features Marie Irshad of KnitCast and Brenda Dayne of Cast-On.

Knitting Olympics kicked off on Friday, Febuary 10th. This 16 day event coincides with the Winter Olympics in Italy. Started by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee of YarnHarlot.com, the number of participants is over 3300. You can listen to an interview with Stephanie on Whit Larson’s special edition episode of About-Time. Also, the mainstream press has had some coverage on the Knitting Olympics.
Oregon Live Article

Latest Knitting Podcast is Pointy Sticks by Christine from Houston Texas. Yeah another Texan! Christine’s show is about getting through life with her stash of yarn and lots of pointy sticks. Christine started knitting in Feb of 2005 so she has a few months on me!
Pointy Sticks Podcast

Knitty.com has announced is taking submission for its summer addition Extremities. That means we want things They are looking for patterns for the ends of bodies. Hands, feet, heads. Whatever. Take the theme and run with it. Deadline for the summer issue is April 15. Check out the submission guidelines on the Knitty.com site. I’ll have a link to it in the show notes. Knitty.com Submission Guidelines

Also, If you are going to be submitting patterns to Knitty.com, they are changing their sizing standards starting with the Fall issue. Knitty patterns will follow CYC standard sizing. To find out more about the CYC standard sizing check out the Yarn Standards website. I’ll have a link in the show notes. CYC Yarn Standards

No comments: