1. All the "cool kids" are doing it - Knitting has never been more hip. You too can have a knitted iPod cozy and be the envy of all your friends.
2. Free hand lotion - Lanolin in wool feels great on the skin and makes them soft too! Throw away all those bottles of lotion and get yarn instead
3. Great Accessories – You can go to the movies with knitting needles that glow in the dark. Now nothing has to eat into your knitting time!
4. Yarn p0rn - Visit your local yarn store and tell me you didn't make it out with at least one ball of yarn. Resistance is futile!
5. Knitters Get Around - You can see knitters knitting in public, going to baseball games, and just hanging out at the local coffee shop.
6. Make New Friends - Knitters are a friendly bunch and can be found on the internet and at your local yarn shop. They are glad to turn you over to the dark side (I mean help you with your knitting) and no question is too stupid to ask them. Well, accept "Why do you have so much yarn in your stash?". See reason #4.
7. Knitting is the New Yoga - Don't tell any knitters I said this (they hate the comparison). But knitting really is relaxing and meditative (except when your yarn gets tangled or you drop a stitch or have to read a complicated chart, but other then that....). Getting in the knitting zone is much better then standing on your head and humming.