July 23, 2006

Yarn Review - Cascade Yarns Pima Silk Yarn


Cascade Yarns Pima Silk Yarn
85% Pima Cotton, 15% Silk
50 grams, 109 yards
Gauge: 4 1/2 stitches per inch
Care Instructions: Hand wash and dry flat.

This is a fun yarn to knit with. Unlike other 100% cotton yarns I've knitted with, most notably Peaches 'N Cream which is stiff and scratchy, this yarn is soft and silky. Of course, it isn't as elastic as wool or wool blend yarns, but it is still is a wonderful yarn to knit with. And it feels light and soft against the skin.

I love the color of this yarn, Pink (Number 6915). It isn't too red or too burgundy. It is the color pink that I think of when I think of pink. And is a perfect color for items to knit for October Breast Cancer Awareness month. I knit a double cable scarf that I plan on wearing during October.

This yarn would be great for summer tank tops and short-sleeve tops, as well as for cool weather scarfs when fashion over warmth is preferred.

No comments: